Photo of the Week: Autumn Improvements
Not too much to take photos of nowadays — leaves are off the trees, house is pretty much done being painted for the year, and the indoors is currently quite the mess as we prepare for the impending winter. Now’s a great time to take a snapshot of what we accomplished this summer/fall, while the weather’s still favorable.
What exactly did we do this year for our exterior? I’ll make a tally because I know it was a lot (or, at least it felt like a lot):
- Cleaned up all the garbage around the house
- Raked up last year’s leaves
- Dug out the sidewalk
- Cleaned up the flowerbeds around the house (edging, putting down landscape fabric, mulching)
- Put in roof flashing around the stucco and chimney
- Painted the stucco on the east, west and south side
- Put new fascia on (in progress)
I’m pretty proud of everything we did this summer, even if it took way longer than we thought it would. Such is the world of home renovation!